Six Questions: Quinn Leach

Quinn Leach is a Senior Program Coordinator and WSAB board member. Get to know our treasurer by reading his answers to six questions below.

How long have you been at the university and what’s your current role?

4.5 years, Senior Program Coordinator – Faculty Affairs, Dean’s Office

What’s your favorite part of the job?

The ability to work with all the different units within the College and learn about the exciting, dynamic faculty + their research. It’s fascinating and rewarding to work on something for Spanish and Portuguese one minute, and Math or Chemistry the next.

What’s your secret talent?

I make very good sangria. Blowing my cover a bit, but my secret ingredient is grapefruit.

What do you like to do in your free time?

I love taking fun, interesting walks in the city. My favorite routes would be the 606 and the walk between Belmont Harbor and Montrose Harbor (shoutout to the raccoons and the beaver I saw once!).

What is your perfect idea of a relaxing day?

In addition to sangria and a long walk, it would involve plenty of snuggle time with my cats, some good TV and a delicious, low-effort dinner.

For people looking to try out something new (food, TV shows, places, etc.), what would you recommend?

In addition to what I’ve mentioned above, I’d say:

• Food; restaurant: Demera in Uptown//to make: chicken piccata, this recipe never fails me
  • TV Shows: Fellow Travelers, Breaking Bad, Avatar the Last Airbender, RuPaul’s Drag Race, Survivor
  • Places: Logan Square; this summer hit up the Farmer’s Market, grab a raclette at the Market (or sandwich at Big Kids), then scoop up some Italian Ice at Miko’s for dessert and enjoy it while people watching at Palmer Square Park.